Thursday, September 1, 2011

Back to School Cupcakes!

I made these special "apple" cupcakes for my husband to take to school (he is a high school science teacher) for all of the teachers as a back to school treat!  These apples are special!  When the teacher takes a bite, she/he will find either seeds (mini chocolate chips) or a worm (gummi worm)!!!

I made cupcakes from a plain old box cake mix.  After they were cool, I cut a hole in the top and filled it with the mini chocolate chips or a gummi worm!  I filled the hole with frosting and then frosted the top with red frosting.  After the top was frosted, I dipped it in red sprinkles.  The stem is half of a pretzel stick and the leaf is a green jelly spearmint leaf, rolled out flat and cut to size.

I can't wait to hear how the teachers reacted to finding a surprise inside of their cupcakes!!

1 comment:

  1. Fun and thoughtful! I bet the teachers love them!

    ReplyDelete