Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy First Day of School!!

My son had his first day of Kindergarten today!  I'm not going to lie, I did cry a little bit after I dropped him off!  I know he will be fine, as he is a great kid and a great student!  He adapts well to know situations, is a good listener, and makes friends easily.  It's just that the house is so empty without him....even though I still have my four year old daughter at home with me, and she is a full time job by herself!!  I have supper going in the crockpot and I think we'll head to Joann Fabrics next to partake in a little yarn therapy shopping!!

As I said, I have supper going in the crockpot.  I'm making one of Michael's favorite meals: Crockpot Cheeseburgers with Sweet Potato Fries.
Crockpot Cheeseburgers
1.5 lbs ground beef
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp black pepper
8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
2TBS milk
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
hamburger buns
condiments
In a skillet, brown ground beef with garlic powder and black pepper, drain off fat.  Put beef in a crockpot.  Add cheese, milk, green pepper, onion, and minced garlic.  Cover and cook on low for 5-7 hours. Serve on buns with favorite condiments.

Sweet Potato Fries
sweet potatoes
olive oil
salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425.  Cut potatoes into wedges and put into a large ziploc bag.  Add olive oil and salt/pepper.  Shake bag until potatoes are well coated.  Place wedges on a well greased baking sheet.  Bake for 30-45 mins, or until desired tenderness

1 comment:

  1. I love sweet potato fries! Tasty and a healthier than the fast food fries I would eat all day every day if I could! Good job making it through the first morning of kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete